By many measures, wineries are in the most competitive market in history, with changes in buyer behavior and business models shaking up all corners of the industry. I have reviewed 182 wineries on the Wine Road of Northern Sonoma County and rated them on storytelling performance. There is low-hanging fruit available to wineries to help encourage new drinker discovery while preserving customer loyalty, including:
- 83% of winery sites don’t use an age gate.
- Customers see posts twice weekly from only 17% of the member wineries.
- 32% of members provide tools to share or review wine online.
- 4 out of 10 wineries fail to mention a company purpose.
- 10 brands enjoy 45% of the total Wine Road social engagement.
I hope you find the full results of the Market Study valuable to your craft beverage business.